Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Life as Sarah the Human
Thursday, November 17, 2005

long long long entry

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. WoOhoO!

The last 2 weeks have been the most agonising period in my entire life. I sure hope it doesn't repeat next year. Boohoohoo! =(

Gp was pretty ok. Kinda messed up in Math. Am mega mega mega screwed for Physics. Chem - argh - don't talk about it.

Physics - Paper 1 was pretty simple. Paper 2 was ok la (which also means not too good). But paper 3 was a freaking killer man! 1/4 blank 1/2 blank 1/5 blank 1/2 blank for the 4 questions in section A. 1/2 blank for 2 out of 3 questions in section B. So dead!

Chem's equally screwed. Paper 3 was pretty shitty. Full of definitions which I didn't memorise. Forgot one of the electrochem formulas which means an entire question blank. And the biochem questions weren't that easy either. Paper 2 was shittier. A whole question came out on the one thing I skipped entirely - electrolysis of brine. Damn. Let's hope I'll not mess up paper 1 tomorrow.

Math paper 1 was still do-able. But paper 2 was pretty sucky. Couldn't solve many questions. Argh.

Others are like, "Aiya.. Sure cannot get A/B already!" I'm like, "Shitty shit shit! Don't know whether can pass anot! Die liao la!"

*Prays that everyone screwed up their papers too*

Cabbies have been my best friends for 3 consecutive mornings! Spent a whopping 20++ bucks on cab fares this week! So it's poor me again.

I left home real early yesterday hoping that I could finally take a bus and reach school at 7.30 am, only to realise (after boarding the bus) that I forgot to bring my entry proof! Argh. And so I spent 3+ bucks taking a cab home (cos stupid bus 155 wouldn't come even after 10 mins) and $7 to go to school (I got on the cab at 7.30 - right on time for the $1 peak hour surcharge!) Damn suay man! =(

*****

18th Birthday

I had wanted to take many many photos during the 'party' on Saturday night. But you know... it's kinda weird taking pics of your own party on your own birthday ya?

Anyway, it was a fabulous night. Had a feast man! Loads of food!

Trend for the night - Somehow, all the guys got breast meat for their chicken briyani, while all the girls got the drumsticks! Hahaha!

And Teresa and I were labelled the 'Idiotic Twins' - on our birthday!! Greaty great great. Hmph.

As usual, the older generation of female cousins, plus the odd Aunty Susan, gathered for the very interesting and insightful girl-talk after dinner. The younger ones played along the corridor - very noisy - while the older male cousins occupied themselves with their own activities (No choice. Only 4 males in 12 cousins, and 2 of them belong to the younger group. The other is in-between and the last one's pretty old.)

There were 2 cakes cos Mom thought that the one she ordered earlier was too small. The Black Forest one was like any other, but the choc-a-lot cake she got from Room for Desserts was fantastic man! Very chocolatey, and there's not much cream! Yummy yum yum! =)

As for the pressies, a BIG THANK YOU...

To Friends like:

  • Lina for the beautiful keychain! So sweet of her to give it to me before Math paper 2 on Friday! She forgot to pass me the card though. Hahaha!


    It holding my house key now =) Posted by Picasa

    Lina, I'll bring a marker for you to write your big name on the back one of these days, so that I'll remember it's from you. Hahaha!
  • Chun Hong for the gourmet chocs! Though I know it was kinda a last-minute thing! Hahaha!


    Delicious! Posted by Picasa

    There were 10 of them and each had a 1% alcohol content! A very apt way to celebrate my going-on 18 - to down a weee bit of alcohol! Hahaha!
  • Sally, Hong An, Sikamas, Grace, Daffy, Rachel, Brenda, Ben Seow, Wacky and Yvonne for the sms greetings!

  • Dana for the email! A wonderful surprise!

  • Liling for being sooo honest about forgetting my birthday! Hahahaha! =P


And to Family Members like:

  • Mom for the Royal Sporting House vouchers and the cakes!
  • Dad, Ah Ma, Lao Yi, Aunty Susan, Ah Kim and 4th Kim for the angbaos! WoOhoO! Got quite a bit to spend during the holidays! =)

  • Aunty Doris and Uncle Taha for the Adidas eau de toilette! Like very cheem hor!


    Fresh Vibes for Women Posted by Picasa

    Actually, it's just perfume la!
  • Ain for the bags. Well, since she said that Teresa and I must specify the item we want, we told her "we don't mind (Just a nicer way to say "we like"! Hahaha! =P) a bag for going out - excluding backpacks and those very feminine ones". And so, we got...


    Fila bags! Posted by Picasa

    Upon seeing the bags, all Teresa and I needed was a look at each other and there goes our very hard-to-stop laughter! Hahaha! These were the exact bags we had thought she'd get for us!

  • Lynette for the sms at 12.01am and the bohemian earrings!


    My very first pair of dangling earrings! Posted by Picasa

Apparently, it's very hard to get pressies for Teresa and I. Lynette walked around for 1 whole hour at Century Square and Tampines Mall to look for mine, and Ain spent 20 mins (Aiyo... 20 mins only! Where got long?! Hahaha!) looking for our presents.

And there seems to be a hidden agenda behind the presents the family gave us this year. Usually, it'll be angbaos, vouchers- giving money is always the easiest - or more sporty stuff like caps, bags or bottles. This year, it is:

  1. Adidas Fresh Vibes for Women
  2. Fila Ladies Bag (according to the tag)
  3. Dangling earrings

Do you see it now? I find it quite funny! Hahahaha! =)

But I like!

*****

Ah Kong's relative from China stayed over at their place last week.


Ah Kong and his relative never smile for the camera! Posted by Picasa



Why?? Posted by Picasa

I didn't get the chance to talk to her throughout her stay (Stupid As!). But from what I observed, she's seem to be like one of those ideal women you see in period dramas - shys away from attention, does household chores willingly, very respectful... So much so that it makes me wonder: Is this all just an act? I mean... In this present time and age, women like her are an extinct species already ya?

Moreover, it's a well-known fact that Ah Kong and Ah Ma are very generous people. In fact, Ah Kong gave many angbaos to his relative to distribute to the people at the village. And each angbao contained not by the tens of dollars, but by the hundreds! Singapore dollars somemore! So it's like thousands of Renmingbi in each angbao la! Can you believe it?!! And you'll never know if she'll pocket a portion of the money.

The last time I went to Ah Ma's village in China with her, the people really sucked up to the whole group of us, eager to please us and all, cos they perceive Singaporeans as rich people. And when Ah Ma was distributing watches to the children, even the adults jostled their way through the crowd, supposedly to collect watches for "their 6 children"! Like who will believe?! I was disgusted by their actions man!

I admit the experience left me with a very bad impression of the people there, and perhaps, that has clouded my perception a little. But I can't help but suspect their motives behind visiting Ah Kong and Ah Ma - Is it because of the money, or really just a simple act of goodwill?

*****

After the study session at the library@Esplanade last Saturday, I'm fully convinced that I can never study outside. I was constantly distracted by the excellent view from the tables, the cd players at the sides of each table, the stool - the seat fits the butt very nicely, the way the stool turns, the freezing temperatures, random people walking around, the lady sitting beside me - her slippers were the exact ones I'm eyeing on, the way Liling and Chun Hong studies...

So you see.. I ended up daydreaming, staring into blank space, chatting, listening to a few tracks of a cd, taking photos... Doing anything but study! And even if I did try to memorise anything, my mind was sooo far away that nothing really went in. I'm sure they had a fruitful session. But for me, it was a big no-no. Boohoohoo! =(

Memories of a fruitless study session:


My study companions - Chun Hong and Liling! Posted by Picasa



I look sooo bright man! But I'd rather be bright! Posted by Picasa

If you haven't noticed, the bigger one will always be at the back, so that it'll be more visually balanced! Hahaha! =)



I knew she was up to something! Posted by Picasa

The Birthday girl gets to sit in front, or so they say. But I don't want! Now I look soooo big! Great. =(

*****

Wow! I just scrolled up to see how long this entry is and I realised it's super duper super duper long!

I guess the last 2 weeks weren't as uneventful as I'd thought. WoOhoO!

Oh yes. I'm considering relief teaching next year. Anyone interested in joining me?




About Me

sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating.


For the Busybody


Word of the Day




Archives

February 2004
March 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
August 2010


Great Links

babes

brenda
yvonne
blurblur queen
mrs spongebob
bin
loud voice
small eyes
teresa
adeline
sally
netty
dana
lynette
jirong


hunks

foodie
big mouth
junny
zuohan
andri
deming


Tagboard




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com