Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Life as Sarah the Human
Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chronicles of Sala in the Red Country #3

Sitting on the black chair, with my favourite classical tune playing in the background and taking in 金鸡湖 against the glorious sunrise for the last time, while rushing out my reports - this time last week.

I miss the serenity of it all.

And life in the big red dot. And the peeps + twinnie of course. And ironically, the action too.

So it was to the supermarket for some last-minute grocery-shopping after the reports were emailed, before heading to the office to do my 离职手续, bring 北京烤鸭, refill snack drawer, catch up with the peeps, say my goodbyes, collect hugs and handshakes and my 10斤 worth of seaweed biscuits! :)))

Then it was back to home to pick up my luggages and a 45 minutes drive to Wuxi airport with 黄shifu. 无锡 - a place that I relate most to the 报关单 I dealt with.


My Shenzhen Airlines flight! Travelling alone makes taking photos that much more difficult!


Taking off from Wuxi and landing in Shenzhen. Plus the beautiful sunset from __ feet above!


And I knew I was sure gonna miss the peeps real real bad the moment I opened my Red Book! The tears that I had held back started to gather. It started with a drop, and another, and another.. within minutes - oh me goodness - the floodgates were totally wide open!

Texted twinnie: I'm like freaking crying away i can't stand it haha! Luckily I've the window seat! But that makes me cry more -_-''' haha


My red face after the tear ducts were finally emptied, and the stuff that occupied me during the flight!


Downing my first ever sucky in-flight meal - miserable fried noodles with beansprouts and a pathetic dollop of chilli!


Touching down at Shenzhen after 2 hours in the plane. Looking out of the window as the airport personnel unloaded the baggages, I realised that I'd forgotten to zip the top front compartment of my bag! :x


Landing in Shenzhen airport, with my red backpack and the 10斤 box of biscuits!

So there I was, lugging a 21.8kg luggage+5kg biscuits in one hand and a felt-like-10kg red backpack on my back around the airport. Walking from Terminal B to Terminal A to the Terminal for international flights to find the right terminal, then back to Terminal A to Terminal B for dinner! Really, it's no mean feat! My arms actually went numb from all that weight.


The airport - my place-to-be from 6.44pm to 11.30pm!

Some japanese cake thingy with vitasoy for dinner, KFC egg tart and tea for supper! I finally saw the fish tank that xh was talking about! And I found out that one can actually use the trolley while moving between the terminals, after all that walking! -_-


Going through the departure gates at 10.19pm for my Tiger flight from Shenzhen to Singapore!

I finally had the chance to pee after getting my 20.8kg luggage checked in - wootsss! Surfed net at the waiting area while being amazed at the hoardes of people taking the same flight back!


Took the airport shuttle from the terminal to the plane. The entire plane's passengers could actually fit into a shuttle bus!


My Tiger flight and I!


Keeping myself occupied in mid-air at 3.20am! Because a slight temperature and tight leg-room made me sleepless all morning @_@.


Here's me, at Singapore airport at 4.20am!


My alcohol stash from DFS? 3 bottles of Hoegaarden beer, a bottle of Cointreau to start making Rolls Royce Magaritas at home and our very first bottle of Singapore Sling - woohoo!!


First breakfast in Singapore - bak chor mee soup!




So it was finally home sweet home at 6.30am - 26 staying-awake hours, a few reports, numerous goodbyes, countless tears and 2 flights later 0_o !

And class at 8.30am, which I was 1.5 hours late for! >.<




About Me

sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating.


For the Busybody


Word of the Day




Archives

February 2004
March 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
August 2010


Great Links

babes

brenda
yvonne
blurblur queen
mrs spongebob
bin
loud voice
small eyes
teresa
adeline
sally
netty
dana
lynette
jirong


hunks

foodie
big mouth
junny
zuohan
andri
deming


Tagboard




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com