
| Life as Sarah the Human |
|
Monday, January 26, 2009
Start of the Year of the Ox
Happy Chinese New Year!! And to mark the end of the year of the zodiac-sign-before-the-ox, it's photo update time! Just so that I may procrastinate less and update more often since there's no backlog to clear - woohooo! November 2008 The Twinnies' 21st Party with Friends, on the night before the Subaru Challenge! Subaru Challenge - May the best hand win! A 5 minutes break every 6 hours, outside Ngee Ann City. Car would have made a brilliant beyond brilliant birthday pressie, but nasty water retention in my feet and my sucky knees means lasting 36++ hours before pulling out. Thanks to my awesome family and friends who entertained me throughout! Subaru Challenge 2009 - here I come! Birthday celebration for November canoeing babies at Holland V! Drinking at Wala Wala next, where I downed my first ever Graveyard and another drink that's somewhat similar to Graveyard. Plus beer. I got intoxicated enough to not be able make out what Wacky was saying when she called to wish me Happy birthday. And I puked :x . My very first real admin job at ___. I think having my own cube is cool, but a 9-to-5 job in one is not, and I listen to class95 and hear planes fly above all day. The Twinnies' belated birthday dinner with the Family at CCK, only 'cos the entire weekend before our birthday was spent at Ngee Ann City! The restaurant is located in a park, so there's greenery all around, except that we were there at night so it's blackness all around but food was fab and the Family definitely rocks my socks! Canon Workshop - where I learnt the basics of DSLR photography, handled a $1000++++ camera and intensified my desire to own a DSLR sooooon! Canoeists' overnight gathering at Nizam's place in Johor, a cab ride from the causeway. Beautiful place, yummy food, awesome company - what more can I ask for? My very first remember-able ride in the Singapore-Johor train (Dad says I've taken that train before but I don't remember)! Ticket was cheap and we didn't have to squeeze with the crowd at the causeway immigration. It was hilarious being the ultimate sua kus that we are! Truly an experience!December 2008 Overnight mj and bridge at Pam's chalet. Darn funny - M actually thought the pair of 眼睛 in a mj combination refers to a pair of 一筒 tiles -___- ! Very speechless! Canoeing team's AGM-cum-Christmas-Party, where I was made President of the club. Really, it's mostly just more sai kang to deal with.Overnigt mj with Ky, J and C at C's place. The best mj kakis, the fastest mj game! One round of 东南西北 in 1.5 hours - yayness!! And I won $40++! >.< Christmas eve with the Canoeists at East Coast Park. Steamboat supper at A's dad seafood stall at East Coast Lagoon Food Centre, before heading to Bedok jetty to count down to Christmas day. Ending off with no-money-mj at my place for C, P and M.January 2009 Preparation for Singapore Canoe Marathon 2009. 11's my pfd woohooo! Singapore Canoe Marathon 2009 at Kallang Basin. Though I couldn't paddle in my beloved red ferrari, my dependable yellow toyota + red pfd + darling paddle still served me well and brought me the gold in my T1 event, even though it's the novice category :x . Post-race celebratory meal at Singapore Flyer's Popeye's. Our team put in a commendable performance, bagging a total of 7 medals (albeit all in the novice category). Finally satisfied my craving for Popeye's mashed potatoes and biscuit! Post-race craving-satisfying dim sum brunch at Chinatown with the Canoeists. Overnight mj at C's place before this. My my, sooo much food! Got to the stage where I had to eat this(a fried dumpling) or pay the bill, but still 满足!! Walked around after that, and had dessert at People's Park Complex. Then, we took a ride to Raffles City to get E's pressie, and had Chippy for tea-time snack. Was really a day of food, food and more food; eating, eating and more eating! Ahhh.. Race -> Popeye's -> Dinner at home -> Overnight mj at C's -> Dim Sum -> Dessert+walking around in Chinatown -> Buy pressie and Chippy at Raffles City -> Lifesaving class = my eye ringssssss and bagssssss!! @_@ E's birthday party at the East Coast Park chalet. I bladed from Fort Road with my huge bag and mj tiles, and fell at the entrance of the chalet. Oh yes, we actually mj-ed on the floor, and had McDonald's twice in 6 hours :x ! Post-race craving-satisfying durian feast! 10 people, 12 D24 durians - totally can eat until siao! First durian was ooolala, but when it got to the 5th one, it was like, "Waaa.. Gelard!" Still, it's yet another 满足! Pubbing with Ky, E, R and K at Boat Quay after that. What people say about durians+drinking=die is all fluff. We ate, we drank and beside the dry throat and the uber heat in our bodies, it was all good!Okie dokie - now I'm all ready to welcome the year of the Ox! May the feasting and mj begin! :)))
My IQ dropped 0 points today!
|
About Me
sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating. For the Busybody Word of the Day
Archives
February 2004 March 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 August 2010
Great Links
babes brenda yvonne blurblur queen mrs spongebob bin loud voice small eyes teresa adeline sally netty dana lynette jirong hunks foodie big mouth junny zuohan andri deming
Tagboard
Credits
design by maystar powered by blogger |