Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Life as Sarah the Human
Sunday, April 06, 2008

Food and Drinks

We met to celebrate boy V's birthday. I had thought it was going to be this big group of us, but it was still good. Dinner was at this Thai eating place at Purvis Street which is totally woohoo!, 'cause it's been so long since I had Thai food. Yum yum! I'd have liked the Tom Yum soup a 'lil spicier though. And we saw Ken Lim!




After stuffing our tummies with all that glorious food, we walked to Bugis Junction to get a pressie for the birthday boy. I ended up getting one for myself too! :x The exact same shirt in S size! Hail checkered shirts, and Mickey Mouse! Maybe we should wear it to school one day, with the hotdog ear stud!



What's a celebration without drinks ya? So we adjourned to this bar/pub at Purvis Street, which provided free flow of prawn crackers and mixers, attentive service by pretty Chinese ladies, dices, cards and karaoke facilities. I like that the place's not bursting with people. And the plush seats. And I especially love the fact that they keep topping up our snack bowl and mixer jugs! I'll be back!

To describe my virgin experience with scotch whiskey in one word: Woohoo! I think I've found the one hard liquor I enjoy. Though Chivas, by itself, pretty much sucked, mixing it with green tea made a really nice concoction that would beat any vodka-whatever anytime. I want to try tequila pop sometime. I think banging the glass on the bartop/table is cool. Yea, I'm like how superficial.

And I'm such a sua-ku. I was wondering why our bottle of Chivas came with a sticker label and marker until E wrote J's name on it. So dumb.



Oh well. I never got to meet the birthday boy though, 'cause I left earlier to join ex-colleague W for supper. Apparently, I looked tipsy enough to have the guys in the celebration group a 'lil worried because W is a "36 year old, single and weird man". Well, I'm glad to say that he picked me up, sent me home and there was no hanky panky so it was all good. We went to Serangoon for supper. Oh my. The alcohol totally unleashed its effects while I was waiting for my thosai to arrive. I could so feel the heat rush to my face and my heart was like pom pom pom pom! But for the record, I was not wasted. Not even light-headed. And no, definitely no attraction.

Wow. Even at 1am, Mustafa Centre was still filled with people. The myriad of stuff they have there is amazing. We went from B2 to level 3 (I think?), looking at sportswear to electronics to hardware and tools. So many things under one roof and open 24/7- amazing!

Argh. Feeling horrid now. Must be the lack of sleep, from HMT and running. I went to bed at 3++am the previous night but was up at 7.45am to run yesterday and only reached home at 3++am. I think I lasted less than 15 minutes on the couch before I landed in lalaland.

I actually made a chocolate cake yesterday morning, with all intention to bring it for them to eat. But I underwhipped/overwhipped the cream and it couldn't hold up the top layer so when I spreaded the ganache on the cake, the cream started to spill out from the sides. Plus, my rescuing just made it into a bigger mess. Sian diao. Very rich but too ugly. I don't seem to have any luck with chocolate cakes. :(





About Me

sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating.


For the Busybody


Word of the Day




Archives

February 2004
March 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
August 2010


Great Links

babes

brenda
yvonne
blurblur queen
mrs spongebob
bin
loud voice
small eyes
teresa
adeline
sally
netty
dana
lynette
jirong


hunks

foodie
big mouth
junny
zuohan
andri
deming


Tagboard




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com