Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Life as Sarah the Human
Friday, April 18, 2008

The 500th Post



I've been putting off writing this entry because this will mark a big big milestone in my dearest bloggy and I don't want it to be on random nothings. So my 500th entry shall be on something random, like my affair with this baby.

This bloggy was borned on 20th February 2004, during my first 3 months in Jc. I called it hotdog1604dotblogspotdotcom. One year later though, I decided that I didn't like the numbers in the name, so change it is! Sarahthegreat came up, but you know... it just screams Narcissism!!! I still wanted Sarahthesomething so I think and thought and 'human' popped out. So there, the humble beginnings of my baby!

I think I've gone through my entire archives 4 to 5 times, but I still find myself giggling each time I read my entries. My first entries were written in true secondary school student style - my entire day put out in chronological order, every peeve recorded, every detail written, where I used 'Hahaha!~' and =p.

Then, with school starting proper, I upgraded and did looong weekly/monthly summaries with every peeve recorded, every detail written, where I used 'Argh!`' and 'Hahaha!~', =p and =). That was probably why I enjoyed my student life most in Jc! My life in jc was really active and vibrant! Too busy for my own good, some say.

I remember walking from home all the way to school, because the usual Bus 80 kakis and I missed the last bus that would get us to school on time. The Leadership Training Camp. My first overseas camp, where we actually hiked up a small mountain!

There was the canoeing Nationals, where after seeing first-hand how tough the competition was, I set the goals that I want to achieve after 2 years. The 'Hell Week' after we ignored instructions not to skip school to go down to support our seniors. The trainings which I've consistently logged here. My first canoeing medal at a kayaking marathon. And subsequent ones at the SDBA competition (With bonus Asics shoes by Mr B T, which I'm still using now!), and culminating with The One at Nationals.

Of course there were also the many pep talks I got from tutors. The hilarious comments by Mrs S in my Chem papers. The lecture by Mrs K that almost made me cry in class. Being on each and every Math enrichment/remedial classes they had. The one academic paper I aced and got vouchers for - Chem prac! Never making the grade for every Gp essay. Spending every Sunday night drifting in and out of sleep to complete article commentaries for the Gp journal. And definitely, the unforgettable Mdm T saga and my punctuality problem (what's new?).

Then I graduated, and spent the next few months busy making myself busy. Got 'A's results, caught up with tutor(s), stressed out over uni applications. Went to work and travel in China with cousin A and what an experience it was! For one, my mandarin improved! And I realised how much I dislike hand-washing clothes! Oh yes, and to bring student card when travelling in China 'cause they can get you substantial discounts at the tourist attractions. Upon my return, I worked in imh where I interacted with people vastly different from myself, and that was certainly another novel experience!

I was finally a student again last January, and while it may seem shocking, I was actually looking forward to it! To add that bit more colour to my currently-very-monotonous undergrad life, I just joined canoeing again, so yay! More action!

Now, looking back from this big milestone, I realised how much I've matured grown - not horizonally! And I'm glad that I started this, even when I was - and still am - not a diary person. It keeps me grounded, and it provides a perfect avenue for me to express my joys and disappointments, vent my anger and frustrations, relieve my guilt and hurt. And I like that this bloggy will always be here to remind me of the who, what, when, where, why and how of what has happened.

So to You You You and You, I do remember You!




About Me

sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating.


For the Busybody


Word of the Day




Archives

February 2004
March 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
August 2010


Great Links

babes

brenda
yvonne
blurblur queen
mrs spongebob
bin
loud voice
small eyes
teresa
adeline
sally
netty
dana
lynette
jirong


hunks

foodie
big mouth
junny
zuohan
andri
deming


Tagboard




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com