
| Life as Sarah the Human |
|
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Where my calories come from these days
I finally got to eat the famous satay beehoon at East Coast Lagoon Food Centre last Saturday! It was oh-so-sinful, but definitely yummylicious! The satay sauce was really creamy, with the subtle spiciness coming through the fragrance of the ground peanuts very nicely. There were cuttlefish slices, tau pok, cockles (Satay beehoon wouldn't be satay beehoon without the cockles), kangkong and of course, the beehoon. The cuttlefish slices had a slight crunchiness, which I like. The wait for it was loooooong though. I reckon we queued for at least 15 minutes for our beehoon. And the queue was even longer when we left! Well, that's because the satay beehoon guy takes about 15 seconds just to pick out the ingredients for each plate - he picks them up, looks at them, then decides if he should add/take out a smaller/bigger piece. I openly thinks he counts the pieces of ingredients on each plate. But at just $2 for a rather generous serving, I guess I'd return if I have a craving for satay beehoon. Truly a Makansutra legend - it had a 3 bowls and 3 chopsticks (Die die must try!) rating! Not forgetting - The Teddy Bear chicken wings stall is still there! I had thought their chicken wings disappeared for good, because Teresa and I never saw it the numerous times we were there. The chicken wings were just as I remember. They were really tasty, with a squeeze of lime and a dip of the chilli sauce. The tanginess, the crisp skin... Ooo la la! And according to my uncle, they use fresh chicken wings, so that makes it even better! Beef kway teow and wanton noodles on the next visit! Sunday's dinner was at Lina's bbq, and supper was tau huay + you tiao at the popular 24 hours 'Dou Jiang You Tiao Da Wang' shop in Geylang. As I slurped the tau huay together with my first bite of you tiao, I was like, "Wa... Good good good!" Finally satisfied my long-time tau huay you tiao craving! The tau huay was good - smooth and flavourful, coupled with the crunchiness of the few peanuts in it. The you tiao was - undoubtedly - very greasy, but crispy and fluffy. I like! Egg with vegetable dahl curry for Monday's lunch. Really yummy, and a refreshing change from all that Chinese food I had been eating. The generous amount of dahl they used made the curry quite thick, and very nice. It was one of the nicest dahl curry I've ever had, and definitely the best I've had in a long time. Cuttlefish with kangkong (Jiu he eng chye) was what we had for dinner last night. Uncle bought it from this popular stall in Bedok. Apparently, there's always a queue every time he's there. Little wonder why that is so - it was delicious! The serving was rather huge for its $2/$3 price tag. Beside the cuttlefish and kangkong, it was chockful of other stuff like pineapple and cucumber bits. Uncle added beehoon for us, so that made it a very filling dinner. Yay! Sarah the Chef will be getting her hands dirty in the kitchen tonight! And I'm finally down to the last 50g of rolled oats, which means one last oatmeal meal tomorrow! Double yay!
My IQ dropped 1 points today!
|
About Me
sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating. For the Busybody Word of the Day
Archives
February 2004 March 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 August 2010
Great Links
babes brenda yvonne blurblur queen mrs spongebob bin loud voice small eyes teresa adeline sally netty dana lynette jirong hunks foodie big mouth junny zuohan andri deming
Tagboard
Credits
design by maystar powered by blogger |