
| Life as Sarah the Human |
|
Monday, January 16, 2006
a barrage of activities
The barrage of activities have made me real busy the past 2 weeks. So here are the pics taken during my vacation at Thailand from the 23rd to 28th of December 2005. No editing was done this time. ![]() Me with the party hat taken during Pre-Xmas party at Bennett's house ![]() ![]() The food on-board ![]() I wonder why people always say that airline food are awful. I think they're pretty ok what. I especially like the butter which they served. =) ![]() A miniature can of Fanta Orange ![]() I smuggled this can (Just the can only) back to Singapore, cos it's soo cute! Hahaha! ![]() Rachel, I and Dad on our way to Thailand ![]() The thing about the European flight stewardesses on-board the Finnair flight is that they're massive - Way taller and bigger sized than me! Plus, most of them are not exactly young either. So unlike those on Asian flights where the stewardesses are young and slim! ![]() Final pic for the night - taken at 3am ![]() Upon arriving at Thailand, we spent an hour at the immigrations cos the people worked way slow. And another hour on the roads cos there was a major traffic jam near our hotel. Boohoohoo! Oh yes. Guess what?! I actually left my hp on the plane (Cos it slipped out of my back pocket) and Dad had to rush back to get it for me. Phew! ![]() Teresa and I on the 'slim' boat en route to the "imitation" Floating Market ![]() ![]() Rachel and I ![]() ![]() I forgot what's the name for this place, but there were some pretty good bargains. WoOhoO! ![]() ![]() Look at the size of those fishes! ![]() They are humongous cos most tourists would buy bread to feed them. It is believed that you'd be blessed with good luck if a white fish eats the piece of bread you threw in, cos there're only a handful of them in that river. ![]() A taxi in Shocking Pink! ![]() Just how cool is that?! ![]() The roads in Thailand ![]() ![]() The Tiger Show, which wasn't all that fantastic ![]() ![]() The Crocodile Show ![]() Which waa slightly worse than the Tiger one, except for the part when the male performer flaunted his underwear to the audience, albeit accidentally! Hahaha! ![]() Pigs Race ![]() The stench caused my nose to run non-stop. That says it all ya? ![]() Those black thingys are actually scorpions ![]() That lady's quite a poor thing actually. All she does the entire day is to stand and pose with scorpions. No wonder she looks utterly bored! ![]() The highlight of the trip - The Ah Kua show ![]() Wa... I tell you... Even I, as a woman, was totally mesmerised by their beauty! They're so elegant and graceful (Plus, their figures are exactly what a woman works soo hard to attain/dreams of having - and what a man would be attracted to), you'd wonder if they were really guys in the first place! ![]() Before parasailing ![]() Frankly, the experience wasn't worth the money. Just 1 round round the pontoon, which is about a minute in the air, and 300 baht (About $12) gone! =( ![]() The Elephant Show ![]() Elephants are seriously one of the cutest things on this planet man! Their antics really got me in stitches! Hahaha! ![]() The resort we stayed at Pattaya ![]() The breakfast buffet spread was lousy, the food was the horrible-st I've had in Thailand, the location was not fantastic (No shops within walking distance, besides an eatery) - Highly not recommended. ![]() The amusement park - Dream World ![]() ![]() On the thing where you go down a water slide in groups ![]() The ride wasn't all that bumpy and wet - Not up to expectations. = ( ![]() Teresa and I with wooden blocks ![]() The good thing about Dream World is that they've loads of really nice stuff to take photos with. ![]() Not a 'Rollercoaster' ![]() I remember the last time I sat on it (I think I was still a primary school kid then), it seemed real thrilling. But this time round, the butterflies in my stomach didn't even flutter. ![]() The 'Viking' ![]() This ride is the only one that got my stomach churning. It's the highest Viking I've ever went on, and we sat at the ends. It was good! ![]() The rides ![]() ![]() With the rides as a backdrop ![]() ![]() Very act-cute I know ![]() ![]() Dad bought some bananas so that we could feed the elephants. WoOhoO! ![]() ![]() Being a prisoner is sad... Now I know... ![]() ![]() Constipation time ![]() The 'babies on potties' were everywhere in Dream World, since, I guess, it's a universal sign for the toilet. Plus, most of them had Santa's hat on cos it was just after Xmas when we were there. Super cute right? ![]() I was trying to put my 2 antennas on Rachel, but she managed to siam everytime ![]() ![]() Then Teresa warned me not to do that on her, so I decided I'll be a good girl =) ![]() ![]() The Twin Towers hotel ![]() The place where we had the best dinner throughout the holiday. The buffet spread was fabulous! Just for the soups alone, there were already like 5 types. WoOhoO! I love soups! ![]() In our room's toilet ![]() And guess what?! Mom and Dad's room got upgraded to a suite! It's like wow la! And since ours's a connecting room, the combined space was totally huge man! =) ![]() Ah Kong, Ah Ma and Mom on the tuk-tuk ![]() ![]() Teresa, Rachel and Dad on another tuk-tuk ![]() ![]() Me ![]() It was an exhilarating ride on the tuk-tuk! The drivers squeeze between cars, zoom in and out of traffic... Some people say they're reckless. I say they're truly the pros man! ![]() The market, which only opens from 2 - 7am ![]() Dad, Teresa and I woke up at 4+ am on our last day there just to visit the market! The smell was horrendous! But there were really good bargains! We bought like 6kg of fruits for less than $5! WoOhoO! ![]() Breakfast at the hotel ![]() You see the omelette on the plate? It's real delicious! We'd have at least 2 omelettes a day man! And the french toast! Breakfast was ooolala totally! ![]() The elders ![]() ![]() A panoramic view of Bangkok ![]() I like the way it doesn't look like a concrete jungle, unlike Singapore. Buildings after buildings, after buildings, after buildings! How depressing! ![]() The awesome blue sky above the fluffy white clouds ![]() ![]() Food on board ![]() The appetiser wasn't too nice though. But the bun and butter was heavenly! The duck was pretty good too! ![]() The brilliant sunset ![]() ![]() The 3 Musketeers! ![]() ![]() Upon landing at Changi Airport ![]() One thing I've realised - I absolutely love the feeling when the plane's taking off! The anticipation builds up as the plane moves from the taxiways to the runways. And when it finally speeds up, the excitement just spills over. WoOhoO! ![]() The goodies we lugged all the way back from Thailand ![]() Plus 3 bags we got at Pattaya, 6 kg of fruits we bought from the market, 2 lamps, more than 10 t-shirts, and other small cutey stuff! Hahaha! Alas, it turned out to be a bittersweet affair. Ah Kong passed away on New Year's Day, which was just 3 days after we returned from Thailand. The sudden turn of events shocked everyone, for he still looked healthy the night before. Throughout the wake, I was the permanent graveyard-shifter. It was good though. Every night was a different experience. There were the rituals that the daughters/daughters-in-laws had to do every morning, the uni prep talk, the mahjong sessions, the dim sum supper... For me, the full impact of his death only set in on the day of the funeral. But I've since reverted back to my old self - the happy-go-lucky girl. The reason: I feel that he passed away in the 2nd best way possible - a heart attack (The best one would be to die in one's sleep). It was quick and relatively painless. Oh yes. Did you know that the Mandai Crematorium's like super high tech?! I was amazed man! All in all, the proceedings was truly an eye-opener! And I guess that having spent 6 whole days together, this event has also somewhat brought the family closer. Well, I just came back from lunch-cum-grocery shopping with Ah Ma. Last Saturday, I went to her place slightly earlier and learnt how to fry tau gay (bean sprouts) and steam a fish. And we also went to the bank to withdraw some cash mid-week. Dad and mom went to the market with her yesterday. You get what I mean.
My IQ dropped 0 points today!
|
About Me
sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating. For the Busybody Word of the Day
Archives
February 2004 March 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 August 2010
Great Links
babes brenda yvonne blurblur queen mrs spongebob bin loud voice small eyes teresa adeline sally netty dana lynette jirong hunks foodie big mouth junny zuohan andri deming
Tagboard
Credits
design by maystar powered by blogger |