Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Life as Sarah the Human
Monday, July 25, 2005

The Final Lap

School's such a booooore!!!!!!!

After 3 days at MacRitchie last week + the weekend, I had to literally drag my ass to school today. Somehow I was real tired today. Felt kinda off, after not being in school for soo long.

In short: No mood for school. No mood for work. No mood to do anything. Lectures suck. Tutorials suck. Assignments suck. Tests suck.

Summing it up in 2 words: School sucks! =(

**********

Nationals Day 3

Was super tired, cos I had a sleepless night. QQ and Ju got 6th for their finals. Took a nap before my race.

The final lap. It was an eventful one and truly the most memorable lap I've ever had.

For a start, Lina and I were sooo nervous, we went up to the starting line without our lifevests on! Hahaha! And both of us didn't realise it until the officials shouted, "SRJC, where's your lifevests?!!"

No wonder I felt so comfortable! =)

Good thing the officials lent us their vests, or we'd have been disqualified.

At the starting line. We were still sort of in a state of disbelief. But yea, the whole episode eased our tension greatly, and we felt real relaxed.

The sprint. We started off a little behind, but we soon caught up. 250m - I thought we had a pretty good lead. We were already ahead of Rjc I think. 100m before the finishing line - I was almost certain we were gonna be 3rd. Could hear people cheering for us. WoOhoO! The finishing line - We were indeed 3rd! Yayness man! =) Super duper happy! Lina started crying. Lol!

Had to weigh our boat after the race. 18.95 kg - exactly the same as before. Accidentally broke the number plate - Lane 1. Hahaha! So now, each of us have half the number plate as a souvenir! Weeee......... =)

Found out Sharon got 3rd as well! WoOhoO! =)

Had my 1st sip of Root Beer in the longest time! Hahaha! And boy, it tasted real good!

Coach's debrief was good, albeit long (as usual). About the chinese character "ren". Kinda touching and all... And he said that I'm one who can study! HAHAHAHA!!!! =P

Unfortunately, the day didn't end off on a good note. Which is sad, cos everyone was kinda on a high after our pretty good performance at the Nationals. It just spoilt the whole day man! *Sigh*

Oh well. I guess there's nothing much we can do right now, even if we want to...

Went to town for post-Nationals meal. Had lunch at LJS Cineleisure. Drank my 1st cup of coke in 2 yrs! WoOhoO! Walked around, but everyone was feeling tired, so we just hung out at Starbucks and bitched! Chatted about a whole lot of stuff man... Our farewell dinner, the team...

Oh yes! The farewell dinner. I have no clue what I wanna wear, which is totally shitty cos the dinner's in just 2 weeks! Argh!!~

And well, since soo many people are writing reflections-thingy on their life as a canoeist, I shall not hop on the bandwagon and write mine now too. *Plain excuses la, Sarah!* Mine will come someday, I promise. =)

Having a pretty bad cough now. And the headaches are coming back again! Argh!~ Perhaps, it's a sign that I should take a break ya? Hahaha! =P




About Me

sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating.


For the Busybody


Word of the Day




Archives

February 2004
March 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
August 2010


Great Links

babes

brenda
yvonne
blurblur queen
mrs spongebob
bin
loud voice
small eyes
teresa
adeline
sally
netty
dana
lynette
jirong


hunks

foodie
big mouth
junny
zuohan
andri
deming


Tagboard




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com