
| Life as Sarah the Human |
|
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
1st entry of 2005
Oooo.... First entry of the new year - 2005! Well, it was a kinda disappointing start to the new year. Didn't really have fun at the new year's eve bbq at my place as planned. My mom did it again. And I got so pissed at her, I decided I needed some time to cool off. The Cold War has officially started. Oh well. I'll blog about yesterday's training first. First training of the year! First endurance training in months! Had 2 rounds of warm-up jog. I felt the jog was pretty fast, and I guess some others felt the same too. Anyway, we did 3 rounds of sprint-jog. As always, I'm last again. Argh!~ Tried to catch up with them in the 2nd round, but as soon as I did, they started to sprint, and I could never keep up. The only consolation is that I completed the 3 rounds. Really tired after the run. I seriously gotta improve! Wonder how it'll be like when the J1s start to join us for training. *Sigh* Did 2 rounds of weights circuit after that. Actually planned to do 3, but Coach said 2 was enough. I guess it was cos it has been a long time since we had endurance training. Timings for weight circuit: 1st set: 2.36 sec 2nd set: 2.42 sec Pulse rate for 10 sec: 1st set: 31 2nd set: 29 Did 3 sets of medicine ball exercises. Yuen Foong and I were doing pretty well, until I cut my hand. The momentum was lost, and everything was bad. We kept dropping the ball. Argh!~ Many seniors came down for training yesterday. About 10! They really stress me up, especially during the runs, cos I'm always lagging behind. *Sigh* As for school in 2005... It totally sucks now! Except for our Physics tutor - Mr Low, all our other tutors have changed! My Civics Tutor (CT) cum GP tutor - Mdm Kelly Tan. If she wanted to instil fear in the hearts of her students, I must say she has done a really good job at that! All the classes that she went to, the students are really afraid of her. The canoeists were talking about her before training. And she HATES latecomers, that I found out at 8.32 am yesterday, just 2 mins after the bell went off. But the one thing I totally totally dislike is that she so damn particular about attire. She caught me twice in one hour for my blouse, just cos the back wasn't tucked in real neat. Actually, I already knew that I was in for a bad time, even before yesterday. Way back in 2004, she already caught me for my blouse, even when I was in the toilet. She totally sucks! Man, I really miss Ms Karen Ong! GP lessons were never so boring last year! The liveliness in our class seemed to have been sucked dry by Mdm Tan. Now, lessons are so dead, and boring! GP will never be the same again! =( Our Chemistry tutor is now Dr Wong. Heard that she's got 5 degrees! Amazing! She's from NUS and majors in Math and Chemistry. Studied at Kuo Chuan Girls' School before going to TJC - one of the top 3 JCs at that time. Later went on to take her doctorate at the northern part of United States, and stayed there for 9 years. Never taught Math and J1s. That was her introduction. Can you imagine how boring she is? She adopts a totally different teaching style from Mrs Suresh, and I'm not adapting really well to it. Firstly, I totally HATE concept maps. And her notes are in the form of concept maps! Next, she teaches us extra stuff that we need not know, and it gets me real confused. Sometimes, the more she tries to explain, the worse it becomes. Thirdly, her tone is monotonous. I almost dozed off during her period today. And there's 3 periods of Chem in a row tomorrow morning! Wonder how I'll ever manage to stay awake. Man, I really miss Mrs Suresh too! Her really summarised and organised notes, her squeaky voice, her lessons... Suddenly they all seemed so nice! And I especially miss the anticipation of what she'll wear that day. I find her dressing so stylish! And it's funny, cos she'll have a different color code everyday. When I'm about to doze off, at least her clothes will provide some sort of a distraction, cos I'll look at how she matches her clothes from head to toe - from her hair clip, to her heels. And her voice never fails to keep me awake! Lol! As for Math, our tutor seems pretty okay. I think she's got the same teaching style as Mrs Kwek. Haven't started formal lessons yet, but I guess it should go pretty smoothly. Chinese's still the best! Though I still prefer our ex-teacher - Ms Lim, but our present one is not bad too! He can be quite funny, and lessons are pretty interesting! Probably cos there's no syllabus to follow, and exams are already over. Oh well! Looks like I'm in for a tough year ahead! No. Perservere! Cos it'll be all over after Nov 2005! Yep, that's what I should be thinking. Yes! Perservere! 2006, here I come!!!!! =) Oh man!
My IQ dropped 0 points today!
|
About Me
sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating. For the Busybody Word of the Day
Archives
February 2004 March 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 August 2010
Great Links
babes brenda yvonne blurblur queen mrs spongebob bin loud voice small eyes teresa adeline sally netty dana lynette jirong hunks foodie big mouth junny zuohan andri deming
Tagboard
Credits
design by maystar powered by blogger |