
| Life as Sarah the Human |
|
Thursday, December 30, 2004
Last trainings for 2004!
I looked at Hong An's Canoeing logbook, and I was amazed! In fact, I was in total awe! Never had I seen a guy so conscientious, as in he logs after almost every training! And his entries are really entertaining, it got me laughing!
For today's training, we did 3 sets of weights. Didn't go for morning run, cos I wasn't too well. But well, without me, the team seemed to complete the run real fast. Felt alittle demoralised then, cos I felt that I was kind of a burden to the team during jogs, as they always have to slow down for me. And they will not be able to give their best during the jogs. Oh well. When will I ever be able to run as fast as them? *Sigh* Anyway, training went pretty well today. While Yuen Foong was doing the bicep curl, Kah Meng came over and told her to do lighter weights instead cos she might injure herself. I was trying hard to hide my laughter. Didn't expect him to actually do that! Lol! Kinda mean, but it was good! Well, we did the K2 on the Ergo machine for the first set, and I was in the front. Was paddling way slow cos she couldn't keep up with me. So we decided to do the K1 on the Ergo for the rest of the sets. Indeed, it was much much better! I could paddle faster, without worrying about her not being able to catch up. Average power for Ergo machine: 1st set: Was maintaining at 70+, but dropped to 50+ - 60+, cos Yuen Foong couldn't keep up. 2nd set: Wow! Maintained at 80+ - 90+. Max power was an incredible 107! 3rd set: Slowed down a little. Maintained at 70+ - 80+. Max power was 90+. We did 3 sets of medicine ball exercises after gym. Now we do 1 min per exercise, instead of 10 reps. Felt it was more effective. During the debrief, Coach said that the time trials will be on the 3rd and 4th Saturdays in January. We'll be doing 1000m on 3rd Sat, and 500m on the next Sat. He had wanted to look through our logbooks during the weekend, but cos only 2 persons brought, he didn't wanna look at them. Oh ya. Coach was telling Hong An+Kahmeng and Yuen Foong+Me that we should try to progress to paddling the Mosquito. Then Yuen Foong said, "But when we go, we cap. We go, we cap. How to paddle?" I was kinda offended by her remark. She was like saying that my balance's not good. Or at least that's what I thought. Then Xunbin told Coach, "How about Sarah paddling with Lina?" Lol! Totally didn't expect her to say that at that moment. I was stunned for a moment! But well, I think I'm going to try paddling with Lina when she's back. As for yesterday's training, Annabelle (our senior) came down to paddle as well. She's darn cool! Her balance is so good that she can still paddle full strokes when the big waves come! And she also told us how our mental must be strong. We must have the fighting spirit, to try to overtake other boats. And we must give our best in everything we do, cos training's already so short. We must treat every sprint as a competition, and paddle like it's our last race. We must always put in 20% more effort. I thought that really motivated me alot! From now on, I shall put my best in every training we have! Yea!~
My IQ dropped 0 points today!
|
About Me
sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating. For the Busybody Word of the Day
Archives
February 2004 March 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 August 2010
Great Links
babes brenda yvonne blurblur queen mrs spongebob bin loud voice small eyes teresa adeline sally netty dana lynette jirong hunks foodie big mouth junny zuohan andri deming
Tagboard
Credits
design by maystar powered by blogger |