
| Life as Sarah the Human |
|
Tuesday, November 30, 2004
Weekly update
Haven't been updating for a long time. Actually, I should be at the Canoeing Camp now. But well, I wasn't feeling really well in the morning... so yep.
Anyway, here's an update on what was on the past week. Monday and Tuesday : I was at the CCA Leaders Camp, as a facilitator (Yes, I am even "higher" than the CCA leaders =) ). Had loads of fun there. Was facilitating Group 9 at first, but we merged with Group 1 cos there was too little people over there. So our group ended up having 2 facilitators. It was meant to be better this way, but I guess having 2 facilitators for a group, especially one whom you don't get along really well with, isn't such a good thing after all. Yea, that should be all for the unpleasant stuff. The rest were all FUN! Luckily for me, I did belaying on both days. Did Needles and Thread on both days, though I helped out at the Vertical Challenge on the first day too. My neck, arm and hands were really sore after the first day! But at least it was way better than having to do the low elements. Cos there's always something exciting to look at at the high elements section. Like how Celine was floating in the air when the guy she was belaying fell. Lol! Hmm... I only managed to try 2 out of 6 of the high elements. *Sigh...* It didn't look so high when I was belaying at Needles and Thread. But when I was up on the platform, I really freaked out! I was shaking so hard that I could even hear the wooden blocks knocking each other. My legs were so wobbly, they felt like jelly. Haha... I also tried the horizontal bouldering. Had to "fly" down halfway at my first try, cos another group came. "Flying" was great! Feeling's undescribable! I wish I could do it again! Managed to complete it on my 2nd attempt. With alittle help from Simon though. Thanks dude! =) After the camp, 11 of us (Simon, Celine, Brenda, Yvonne, Jieying, Mateen, Deanna, Yongjun, Yuelin, Shahirah and Me) went to this Thai restaurant at Hougang Mall. Had a sumptuous lunch cum dinner! Really nice food, at affordable prices. Yvonne had a worm-thingy in her rice. She was so freaked out after that, she didn't finish what's left on her plate. As usual, all of us had our gossip-mode on. Chatted for a long time. I think we were the loudest in the restaurant. Well, I think this camp really brought back fond memories of the LTC camp in Kota Tinggi! Really unforgettable! =) Wednesday : Training at Kallang in the morning. Body was aching all over. Knee also started to ache after the belaying during the camp. Didn't go for the morning jog with Xunbin. They jogged all the way to the Merlion and back! Unbelievable! If I can ever do that, it'd really be a miracle! Paddled 7 laps (14 km) with Yuen Foong today. First 3 laps on the K2. We were super stable. I even tried twisting my trunk and kicking alittle. Then we were supposed to change and paddle the Mosquito. But try as we might, we just couldn't balance. Argh!~ Ended up paddling the T2 for the remaining 4 laps. Endurance training again! I did some K1 practice after that. Paddled the Lancer pretty smoothly. Now, I try not to tap so much. Instead, I will try to reach for the other side and continue paddling, so that the boat will tilt back. And I think that's much better. Yea!~ That's about it. Thursday : Had power training today. Coach came. Didn't have any jog cos the 'A's were ongoing, and there wasn't much time. We brought the "gym" outdoors. Did my sets with Daphne, cos Yuen Foong was sick and Xunbin didn't turn up. Daphne was really pissed with her, I think. And Daphne forgot to bring her towel again! Haha... I was doing the usual weights, when Coach came and said that I should increase the weights I do. So instead of the 7.5 pounds we usually do, I added another 5 pounds to make it a 12.5 pounds. It was really heavy! Too heavy I think! I think I'll do 10 pounds next time. Coach also showed us a new exercise. Felt really great doing it, cos it seemed and felt really nice. But woke up the next morning only to find my back and the sides of my body aching badly! We also watched a Canoeing video today. Coach showed us the proper posture we should have, the strokes (Like the angle the paddle should enter, the trunk twisting, the kicking), how they paddle, the coordination between the partners... We also decided what we are going to do for the Long-D Competition next month. I'm paddling the T2 with Yuen Foong. Saturday : No morning jog today. Cos we needed more time to launch. The pontoon's gone. So we gotta walk to the beach near the NCC place to launch. In the meantime, we chose our paddles instead. Decided to take a Brasca 1 (216) paddle. Wrote my name and drew my trademark on the tape. Even had a Pokemon sticker on it! Hehe... Paddled 7 laps on the K2 with Boon May. Realised she too splashes lots of water. Almost as bad as Yuen Foong. It was literally raining behind! Luckily, I'm already used to it! Lol! I tried the K1 black after that. Couldn't get my other leg in. Decided to switch to the K1 white. Couldn't get in totally either. Argh!~ Really sucky! Had lots of abrasions, both on my right and left. Argh!~ Really painful. Plus, I fell while walking to the stadium. Can't believe it! Tripped over the road divider. I guess my 八字 really clashes with those of Kallang! *Sigh*
My IQ dropped 0 points today!
|
About Me
sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating. For the Busybody Word of the Day
Archives
February 2004 March 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 August 2010
Great Links
babes brenda yvonne blurblur queen mrs spongebob bin loud voice small eyes teresa adeline sally netty dana lynette jirong hunks foodie big mouth junny zuohan andri deming
Tagboard
Credits
design by maystar powered by blogger |