Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Life as Sarah the Human
Saturday, November 13, 2004

T2 again

Training started at 7 am today. Missed the 6.30+ bus, and there were no other buses until 6.40+. Didn't wanna risk being late, so took a cab there again.

The stupid cab driver tried to cheat me of my money. He wanted to turn into Geylang, when I had clearly told him that he could go by Guillemard Rd. Plus, he drove way slow, and took every opportunity to stop at traffic lights. Ended up reaching there only at 6.50+ and the fare was $4. It usually only took about 10 mins to reach there by cab, and the fare was no more than $3.50. Sucky driver!

Anyway, we had morning jog today. Jogged a different route today. I definitely prefer this route to the route to the bridge. Somehow I managed to keep up with team for most of the jog, except the last part. Damn happy! =) Did pull ups after that. Man! I was really tired. My arms were failing me. I couldn't even pull myself up a wee bit. And the bar was so slippery today. Maybe the jog really tire me, or maybe cos I perspired alot. But still, I think I seriously gotta train my pull ups. And my stamina.

While waiting to launch the boats, we heard that the Hwa Chong guys were going to jog from Kallang all the way to the Merlion. I was in total shock, and awe! It's just unbelievable! Then Melvin said that he could do the same. Sad to say, I can never imagine myself doing that!

I paddled the T2 with Bennett today, cos Yuen Foong had lessons and couldn't come. It was crazy! I've never paddled the T2 for sooo long, and today, we had to paddle laps in it. Coach told us to paddle 5 laps, while those paddling the K boats went for 10 laps.

The T2 was really heavy! And it was moving so slowly! Plus, our direction sucked! We completed the 5 laps, but I think we definitely paddled more than that cos firstly, our direction sucked, and secondly, we rescued many people today. Our arms were really tired after the 5 laps! Luckily, we did ride the waves on several occasions, so it helped to save alittle of our energy.

Well, we practised on the K boats for a short while later. I practised on the Tiger. Had difficulty getting into the boat initially. Then Melvin said that I should get my butt properly in place first before paddling, cos I won't be able to counter the force. And my leg should go in in 1 smooth motion. After a while, I finally got the hang of it and managed to paddle around. Yea!~ Realised that I'm actually quite stable. =)

Coach gave us a short lecture after that. He taught us the reasons why the boat rocks - about the line of gravity of the K2 boat, how we should kick when paddling, how we should place our feet, why our knees should be together at all times. He said that we should kick such that the butt moves towards the back (where the tailbone is), and not the side. Our feet should always remain on the hull of the boat, and we should only use the balls of our feet, not the outer end, to kick. Our knees should be together so that the weight is along the line of gravity, and the boat will not rock.

He also taught us how to tackle waves on the K boats. We should cut the waves by paddling at an angle (about 45 degrees) in a zig-zag fashion, and not stay at the position and try to balance. When turning, we should also not stop paddling so that the rhythm will not be disrupted.

Paddled another 3 more laps with Bennett in the T2 before going back. Did more rescuing. But still managed to keep up with the team. Really tired by then. Our direction was horrible!

Went back to the pontoon in a K2 with a senior (I think it's Willie?). Was pretty stable. Don't know whether it's cos he's really stable or what. Anyway, we had slight difficulties in getting the boat out. I hate the dragonboats! They take up so much space, and there's little space for the canoeists to launch. Argh!~ If only they will park the dragonboats at some other places.

Coach debriefed us after the training. He said that he's happy today, cos we finally did some real training. And that the trainings are going to be like that from now on. Also told us to go swimming tomorrow, and jog 5 km on Tuesday. But Cyril said that coach isn't too pleased with our progress cos actually we ought to start on resistance training by next week. But well, I think everyone's putting their best efforts.

Looking forward to the next sea training! Yea!~ =)




About Me

sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating.


For the Busybody


Word of the Day




Archives

February 2004
March 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
August 2010


Great Links

babes

brenda
yvonne
blurblur queen
mrs spongebob
bin
loud voice
small eyes
teresa
adeline
sally
netty
dana
lynette
jirong


hunks

foodie
big mouth
junny
zuohan
andri
deming


Tagboard




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com