
| Life as Sarah the Human |
|
Thursday, October 28, 2004
Shopping
Well, I called Liling as soon as I reached Orchard MRT station to know her whereabouts. Had actually wanted to meet her, but ended up losing my way, and she had to come meet me instead. =) She seemed so glad to see me! Like she was dying to get away from the girls at any chance she had. Liling filled me in on the "interesting" bits that happened during the outing, while we walked around Wisma Atria and Takashimaya to shop for stuff for Mrs Kwek, Mrs Suresh and Ms Ong. There were indeed lots of "drama". It was really an "ear-opener"!
I never knew my class was so divided! Not till Liling told me what happened at school and at Orchard today. It turned out that some of the guys in our class do not really like the girls, with the exception of Liling and me I hope. Cos they often "talk cock", as how the guys put it. And I always thought that the competition in our class was just the 'friendly' sort, not the intense type. But it seems that it's actually not that 'friendly' after all. Some people actually do take the competition very seriously. Some pretend that they did not study, when in fact, they did study very hard. Some keep lamenting about how they'll fail, when in fact, they do very well. Liling also told me how awkward it was for her to be caught in the middle - to go with the guys or the gals. She was somewhat like the middleman, asking the guys if the girls could join them.etc. Cos there was something going on with the guys and the gals. Seemed like the guys were angry with the girls, or the other way round. I'm not sure. The guys and the gals were sitting at different ends of the cabin in the train, and at different tables at Seoul Garden. I bet I would have also felt the same. Usually, I think she would have gone with the guys. But it'd have been weird if she left the girls alone. Ya, so she went with the girls. I think if I was there too, we would probably have gone with the guys, and she might have enjoyed herself more. Hehe... It was somehow rather surprising to hear that our class's so divided. I always thought our class was pretty united, though still not as united as 1S13. Especially the part about Winston. According to Liling, he said that he didn't like the girls cos they often "talk cock", I think. But Woeilin actually praised him, saying that he's actually a very nice guy. All this is just so contradicting. It's kinda frightening cos you never know if you're the next one they're going to dislike. Now I really understand what Mrs Suresh said about our class having the grades, but we're not really united. As the saying goes, "Ignorance is bliss". I've always believed in this saying, ever since Secondary School. My friend and I would never get involved in class politics. Even now, I think Liling and I also try not to get involved in them. That's why the news we get are usually "second-hand" ones. But I also think that's why we're getting along relatively well with the rest. Anyway, after walking around for a while, we decided to get eye pillows at $11.90 for Mrs Suresh and Mrs Kwek. Purple one for Mrs Suresh and a Maroon one for Mrs Kwek. It's said to be able to reduce puffy eyes, and other stuff I can't remember. We thought it'll be useful cos they probably often don't get enough sleep. Then while getting the cards for them, I suddenly remembered about Ms Ong. Gotta get a gift for her cos I didn't give anything to her on Teachers' Day. Plus, she gave a book to Liling a few days ago. Couldn't find anything cute and girly at Wisma, so we walked to Takashimaya. Found this cute dog door-stopper at $13.90. We decided to get that for her. Wanted to get something for Mrs Soh as well, but our finances were running low. Well, oddly, I felt kinda happy after buying the gifts. Like I had accomplished something great. =) After that, we decided to head home. I took the train home. Actually gotta change to the East-West train at City Hall interchange. I don't know why, but I got off at Douby Ghaut instead. As the train left, I suddenly realised that I was actually at Douby Ghaut. For a moment, I stood at the platform, wondering why did I actually get off at Douby Ghaut. In the end, I decided to take bus 64 home. Got home only around 9+. Nonetheless, I enjoyed myself today. I found out many things today, some were expected while some were really surprising. Like how familiar Liling is with Orchard Rd. She seemed to know where's everything! Gotta know more about about my class too. And I got something for Ms Ong, Mrs Kwek and Mrs Suresh. Wonder how they'll react tomorrow. =)
My IQ dropped 0 points today!
|
About Me
sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating. For the Busybody Word of the Day
Archives
February 2004 March 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 August 2010
Great Links
babes brenda yvonne blurblur queen mrs spongebob bin loud voice small eyes teresa adeline sally netty dana lynette jirong hunks foodie big mouth junny zuohan andri deming
Tagboard
Credits
design by maystar powered by blogger |