
| Life as Sarah the Human |
|
Friday, October 22, 2004
Growing Years
I'm late again today! Argh!~ My 5th time. Chun Hong, Brenda and me didn't manage to get past the terminal in time. We were like right behind Peiling and co, and we got booked while they got in. Damn unlucky man! And it's actually not my fault that I was late. The 6.56 am bus and the 7.02 am bus never came. Though I only reached the bus stop at 7.00, I believe I could have made it to school on time if the 7.02 bus had come.
But luckily, Mr Philip Tan was pretty nice today. I guess he was in a good, no.. fabulous, mood. There was another girl who was also late 4 times. Apparently, the cab driver had taken the wrong route, and had driven her to Serangoon Secondary School instead. At this point, let me digress a little. The cab drivers in Singapore just don't seem to know where Srjc is. Worse still, some don't even know where Upper Serangoon Road is! I really wonder how they got their taxi licence. Whenever I board a cab and say that I wanna go to Serangoon Junior College, most of them will go "huh?". I don't think Srjc's that unknown. But the worst type of cab drivers are those who drive soooo slow, they never go beyond 60 km/h. Totally HATE them! I mean, when a student takes a cab, it's obviously cos we're already late. Yet they still drive at tortoise's pace! And when we tell them to speed up, they do so very reluctantly, not minusing the cursing under their breath. What's the point of taking a cab at all if we're still gonna be late right? Back to Mr Philip Tan, not only did he not give us a long long lecture on the reasons we were late, he was also pretty understanding. He just told us about the 1 hr allowance he always gives himself to travel to a place, and that we should not be late again cos it reflects badly on our record. That's all! I was kinda surprised that he let us go so easily! There was this 'Growing Years - Love Matters' thing in the morning. I thought it was gonna be very boring, but no. In fact, it was pretty interesting and really funny! For the first part, we were split into groups and each group had to do a short skit. It was hilarious! Then, we had to watch a skit by an external drama company. Quite interesting. After which, we were split along gender lines, and were asked to list the traits a Mr Right or Ms Right should possess. It was really funny hearing what the girls want in their Mr Right, and what the guys want in their Ms Right. Well, my group seems like the most demanding one, with at least 30 traits a Mr Right should have. On the negative side, I was really fed up with my PW group today. One of them didn't sense the urgency, even though our OP slides weren't completed. When I told him to improve on the slides he was going to present, he actually had the cheek to tell me that "it's not so nice to do it when other's are presenting". If he was not taking his own sweet time to improve on his slides (which was also because his script was in a big mess), he wouldn't have had to do it during the presentation. Another gave really crappy sub-points for his slides, and said that they don't make sense. Of cos they don't make sense! They are so crappy, I had to redo them, again. I dislike my group! Argh!~
My IQ dropped 0 points today!
|
About Me
sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating. For the Busybody Word of the Day
Archives
February 2004 March 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 August 2010
Great Links
babes brenda yvonne blurblur queen mrs spongebob bin loud voice small eyes teresa adeline sally netty dana lynette jirong hunks foodie big mouth junny zuohan andri deming
Tagboard
Credits
design by maystar powered by blogger |