Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Life as Sarah the Human
Friday, October 29, 2004

Commendation Day

Today's Commendation Day. I went on stage cos I was part of LTC, who organised the Team Excellence Camp. I felt that it's kinda lame, but we, the prize winners, get to snack at the reception in the concourse. So ya, it's probably good afterall. I made full use of my priviledge. I got food for my class people.

The performance was actually quite boring - alot of singing, except the item by teachers. I particularly like the skit put up by the new teachers. It was hilarious! They acted out senarios from classrooms. The teachers who were in Srjc's uniform really look like students!

1S12 got the 'Best Science CG' award and many other individual awards. Mrs Kwek's class - 1S06 - got the 'Most Outstanding CG' award.

Well, Geok Leng chipped in for the presents Liling and I got for Mrs Kwek, Mrs Suresh and Ms Ong. I may sound selfish, but I actually didn't want her to chip in. Cos it seemed to me that she just wanna show that she got something for them.

Anyway, when we gave Mrs Kwek her present, she shook my hand (I must say she was shaking my hand pretty hard) and was like, "Must work hard. Sure can get an A next year. The whole class must get A for maths". What can we say? The 3 of us just gave her a really wide smile. An indescribable feeling came over me then. I was actually sad to see her go. I never thought I'd feel this way when she leaves.

As for Mrs Suresh, she seemed so surprised, and perhaps alittle touched, when we gave her the present. She was like, "Ohh... So sweet. Thank you very much." I think that's what she said, cos I don't really remember. I guess it was probably cos she had expected no one, especially from our class, to give her anything. In fact, I think we're the only ones, at least from our class, who gave her something.

Well, Ms Ong was busy talking to Mrs Kok when we saw her at the concourse. So, we purposely waited around there, hoping that she'll get the hint. I guess she got it, cos she excused herself for a moment to come to us. Surprisingly, when we gave her the present, she asked us what was the occasion. I found it quite a funny question cos didn't she also give us a gift card this morning?

Oh ya. Ms Ong gave us a Borders gift card with $5 in it. She bought those so that we'll step into a bookshop, and cos it was the nicest of the vouchers, if I'm not wrong. Mrs Kwek gave us a Snickers/Mars/KitKat bar each on Monday. Even our VP, Ms Tan, gave us a KitKat Chunky bar each.

Anyway, Liling and I were talking to Ashwin and Teng Yong while waiting for the briefing for the Mad Movement to end. Found out that Winston was actually not angry with the girls at all. Also realised that someone actually had a crush on Liling. But too bad, she's taken. =)

I also found out that Liling also wanted to learn tennis. Yea!~ At last I've got someone who wants to learn tennis, besides my sis. We thought of learning it from Ashwin and co during the holidays when they play at Kenneth's house. Hope we'll really get to learn it.

And it seems that those, from our class, who are going for the Mad Movement, need to know how to blade. I wanna go blading with them at East Coast Park, cos it seems like ages when I last bladed. I think it was last year. Cos I just can't find time and people to go blading with me.

Well, I went to watch a movie with Ashwin, Kenneth, Andri, Chun Hong and Teng Yong at Orchard in the afternoon. It was my first time watching a movie at Lido. The cinema was really nice and big. I think I'm going to patronise Lido more often now.

We caught the movie 'The Cellular'. Quite a nice film, I must say. The suspense was there. But I didn't really enjoy it as much, cos there were a group of guys who were laughing irritatingly loud almost throughout the movie, and another group of girls who were screaming at random parts of the movie.

Ya, I made some discovery about our class again. While we were eating at the food court at Plaza Singapura, can't remember what we were talking about, but the talking point came onto Chui Ting. Kenneth revealed that he didn't like her, while some others also expressed the same view. He said that Chui Ting kept picking on him, like how she often pick on what he says and rebutt him.

I also found out that Kenneth and Chun Hong likes to eat the pig's intestine when I ate "kway chap" with them.

An enjoyable day overall. =)




About Me

sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating.


For the Busybody


Word of the Day




Archives

February 2004
March 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
August 2010


Great Links

babes

brenda
yvonne
blurblur queen
mrs spongebob
bin
loud voice
small eyes
teresa
adeline
sally
netty
dana
lynette
jirong


hunks

foodie
big mouth
junny
zuohan
andri
deming


Tagboard




Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com