
| Life as Sarah the Human |
|
Friday, October 15, 2004
Canoeing Trainings
Canoeing trainings finally resumed on Wednesday, 13th October, instead of Saturday. I don't know why it was brought forward, but I was pretty apprehensive about our first training after the long 'exam break', especially cos it was land training and I heard there was going to be sprint-jog, which I totally dislike! I was also afraid I would lag behind too much.
Anyway, our coach came down for both our trainings on Wednesday and Thursday. He gave us a theory session on Wednesday, which lasted about 2 hrs. I felt that it was really helpful. He taught us about the science behind canoeing, attributes a good canoeist should have - skills, mental and physical. He also gave us a rough idea of what the training plan would be like for next year and how we should carry out our daily self-training routine. Now I have a better idea of what it takes to be a good canoeist, and I'm gonna try to work towards it! Yea!~ Well, after the theory session, coach wanted us to go for 2 rounds of warm-up jog, then try out his new training plan. I felt really good about being able to keep up with the team during the warm-up jog. Usually, I would be lagging behind, and someone would be pushing me to try to keep up. Or maybe cos the pace of the warm-up jog was significantly slower than what I had expected. Nonetheless, I felt a small sense of satisfaction. After the warm-up jog, we had to do 2 rounds of sprint-jog, where we jog 3/4 round and sprint the last 1/4. For the first round, I managed to keep up with the team. When it came to sprinting the last 1/4, I wasn't the last to finish either. But I was already dead tired. Thus, when it came to the second round, though I managed to keep up with the team for the first 3/4, I didn't have the energy to sprint the last 1/4, and ended up the last, as usual, sadly. Circuit training was next. We had to do 8 reps at each station - pull ups, push ups, sit-ups, log lifting, bicep curl, military press, upward roll, jumping jacks, burpies, upward punch and dips. I don't know why, but I was really fatigued by then. I was practically struggling through the second set! Although the training on Wednesday was considered slack, somehow I felt really tired after the training. I guess my stamina has dropped to rock-bottom standards. Gotta train up man! Thursday was power training. As usual, we had the warm-up jog, which was manageable for me. Then, we started on our power training at the gym. Power trainings have always been something I enjoy, mainly cos there's no running. Anyway, I did my sets with Lina. I was pretty impressed by her, cos though she doesn't look serious at all, she's all serious when it comes to training. Plus, she can lift quite alot of weights too! Well, though I felt that my strength didn't really drop much, my strokes have certainly gone from bad to worse! While I was paddling on the K1 machine, I could feel that my strokes were horrible! Especially my right arm and my trunk twisting. Everything was just so off! We had to do 100 more push ups as punishment after the training, cos some of us made mistakes. My arms were really sore by then. I could hardly stay in pumping position, much less do a decent push up. My leg just kept coming forward to ease the weight on my arms. Argh!~ I was kinda disappointed with myself, for my weak mental strength. Anyway, a sports psychologist came to watch us train on Wednesday. I'm not sure but I think she's attached to the canoeing team. I hope so, cos I think she can really boost our team's performance. The canoeing training camp is also confirmed. It's going to be from 30th November to 3rd December. And the training schedule is out. We're going to have 44 trainings in total, from now till the end of December. The figure is really scary! 2 trainings down, 42 more to go. I must endure!
My IQ dropped 0 points today!
|
About Me
sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating. For the Busybody Word of the Day
Archives
February 2004 March 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 August 2010
Great Links
babes brenda yvonne blurblur queen mrs spongebob bin loud voice small eyes teresa adeline sally netty dana lynette jirong hunks foodie big mouth junny zuohan andri deming
Tagboard
Credits
design by maystar powered by blogger |