
| Life as Sarah the Human |
|
Thursday, October 21, 2004
Busy with OP
I've been really busy the past few days. Because of my group's Project Work Oral Presentation (OP). We have to do the slides for our presentation.
There's this member who always "can't make it" for our meetings. I don't know whether his reasons for his absence are true but it's really getting on my nerves! I've got to stay up almost every night since Tuesday, just to do your share of work. And even though you did your part for the OP plan, it was such a crappy piece of work, I had to do it again. Well, on Tuesday night, I had actually called for a meeting at Chun Hong's house so that we can complete our OP slides, as the draft copy was due the next day. We were supposed to meet at 8 pm. However, I fell asleep and woke up late, thus getting there only at 8.30 pm. Hlaing Soe turned up at 8.50 pm. But at least he turned up. Iskandar? He said that he had to go for mass prayer with his dad and it ends at 9.30 pm. And he only called at 7.30! I was really pissed! I don't know if his reasons were true, but I was kinda expecting him not to turn up anyway. I would like to believe that his reasons are genuine, but he's always like that! He always has reasons for his absence, and most of them are family-related. I ended up having to stay at Chun Hong's house till 1.30 am, just to complete the slides. And I was able to sleep only at 2. He really really pisses me off! I also called for an online meeting at 10 pm last night to discuss our script for the OP. In the end, only Chun Hong and me were up to do some final editing for our OP and the script for the parts we're presenting. I was really angry then! Today's the day for our OP, yet no one even bothered to come online, except Chun Hong, to discuss our presentation. I was like so afraid we'll screw everything up, yet they don't feel the sense of urgency at all! I ended up working till 4 am, while the rest were snoozing away. But the worst thing was, when I asked them why they were not online last night, they gave really lousy reasons. Hlaing Soe said that he didn't know there was a meeting. Well, I accepted his reason cos he was busy editing our slides when I told them. But he? He gave some really crappy reason, I was really fuming! He said, "I don't know why, but I was really dead last night. That's why I didn't go online." Cmon, I had my canoeing sea training last afternoon too, and I bet it's many times more tedious than your bowling session at a fully air-conditioned bowling alley. Yet, I can still make an effort to come online (though I was late), so why can't you? You know the OP's today, so at least make an effort to come online. Even if it was just 5 minutes, it would have made things so much easier. And he also didn't even prepare the script for the part he's presenting. He actually did it during the Chinese lecture. Argh!~ Anyway, our OP went reasonably well today, though there were some confusions here and there. But there's definitely room for improvement in all aspects of our OP. I have to stay up again tonight to edit our final report and OP slides. Argh!~
My IQ dropped 0 points today!
|
About Me
sarah. 12 november. singapore. nerd. canoeist. canoeing. sun. food. simplicity. procrastinating. For the Busybody Word of the Day
Archives
February 2004 March 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 August 2010
Great Links
babes brenda yvonne blurblur queen mrs spongebob bin loud voice small eyes teresa adeline sally netty dana lynette jirong hunks foodie big mouth junny zuohan andri deming
Tagboard
Credits
design by maystar powered by blogger |